Saturday, January 12, 2008

SECFootballBlogger.com Review

his is my first blog review, but I get thousand of request every day, my first one is for free the next reviews won’t be. I will charge only $1 million, if I will be overwhelmed the reviews will be something like this “Nice blog”, “I like your blog”, “You must see this".

So please don’t send me more that 100 blogs a month unless I spend my last $100 million buying some spaceship.


Ethan Jaynes the owner of SECFootballBlogger.com asked for a critique view of his blog.




SECFootballBlogger.com is a sport blog for SEC Football fans, is full of football videos for those who missed the game, on the first page you chose you’re team, select a video, watch it, after that you go at SEC Forum and talk about the game and drink beer (your beer, they don’t give free beer).


I like that he has a forum, if the visitors need more information they can go and ask other, this makes them come back. And even has a store.

The blog has some design problems every sidebars link needs more space above and under.

Like this:


And the links should have another color to make the more noticeable.




He made $400 in 2007 from selling tickets and ads spots. I made $15 but I give him advices about AdSense.

You must blend the ads, when someone is visiting you’re blog and sees a huge white space and “Ads by Google” is on blue background, he knows that there is nothing interesting.


 


You sell thickets, but is hard to find the page where you can buy them, I think you should have a banner at the top of the page.


Your blog has a good Alexa rank and Google Page Rank, on the left sidebar at the bottom you have to many widgets; this gives a beginner look, when in fact you aren't.




On the right sidebar the “Meta” must go. That thing must not bee seen by your visitors.

This review is for all the blogs out there, you must make your blog easy to read.


Wee must "optimize" our blogs, this means we must not stress our visitors.

No comments: